Heather Robinson is partner in Herrick's Litigation Department. She concentrates her practice on securities and general commercial litigation. She practices in the state and federal courts, as well as before regulatory agencies, and is admitted to practice in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Heather also has experience with consumer class actions, products liability, insurance litigations, and complex commercial matters.
On the securities side, Heather was recently involved in the representation of a broker-dealer in a complex employment arbitration brought by six former employees seeking over $10 Million in collective damages. This FINRA arbitration proceeded for 60 sessions, including 32 hearing days, and resulted in a virtually complete defense verdict for the broker-dealer, including for attorneys' fees. The award was recently confirmed in its entirety by the Southern District of New York.
In addition, Heather represents clients in all aspects of employment law, including changes in the law related to the COVID-19 pandemic, reviewing and revising employment policies, including social media policies, to ensure compliance with current laws and regulations, allegations of sexual harassment and discrimination, and allegations of violations of wage and hour laws. Heather represents clients in employment-related litigation and has substantial experience representing such clients in state courts, federal courts, and alternative dispute forums. Heather also regularly authors and presents employee training programs for compliance with state and federal law.
Other Recent Matters of Note:
- Representation a leading foreign bank in a case filed in federal court in the District Court for the Southern District of New York pursuant to the Anti-Terrorism Act (the "ATA");
- Representation of members of the board of directors of a start-up company in an SEC investigation in connection with a private placement offering;
- Representation of various broker-dealers in FINRA arbitrations brought by investing clients in connection with private placement offerings;
- Representation of a major diamond manufacturing and distribution company in connection with actions to recover insurance proceeds based on the loss of over $135 million worth of diamonds, and in connection with investigations of other entities involving possible violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act and various anti-money laundering laws, and
- Representation of a German investment firm with respect to its investment portfolio of U.S. life insurance policies.
Heather has authored and co-presented multiple continuing legal education courses on social media and its ever-evolving landscape. She also has extensive experience with e-discovery and has been involved with complex, cross-border collection and production of discovery in complex commercial matters. Heather is a member of the firm's Electronic Discovery Committee.
Heather received her B.A. and M.A.T. from Cornell University, and her J.D. and M.B.E. from the University of Pennsylvania where she was a member of the Journal of Labor and Employment Law. Prior to joining Herrick, Heather was an associate in the New Jersey office of Dechert, LLP. Heather also interned for the Honorable William G. Bassler, U.S. District Court Judge, District of New Jersey.