Jr. Technical Support Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Desktop & Support Supervisor
HOURS: 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM* (plus rotating after hours on-call support)
*Shifts are fluid and you may be required to provide coverage for others shifts
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
This is an on-site role in our mid-town Manhattan office.
Looking to start your IT career off on the right foot with a great team? Herrick, Feinstein LLP (a 200+ user law firm in New York City) is seeking a professional, talented and energetic team player for a technical support position. We are looking for a candidate that has passion for technology, a knack for troubleshooting and a terrific customer service attitude. This hands-on roll is a great learning opportunity and you will be exposed to a diverse set of technologies while providing end user support across the Firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and user requests for technical support.
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems related to all applications.
- Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution from start to finish.
- Troubleshoot and perform hardware/software repairs and management of PC’s, laptops, printers and mobile devices.
- Install PCs and related hardware/software.
- Responsible for audio/video systems operation and maintenance.
- Perform basic user account administration. Manage and maintain the firm distribution lists.
- Must be available for after-hours support after regular business hours and weekends approximately two weeks per a month.
- Must be available to provide coverage from our satellite office in Newark, NJ approximately once per month.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 1 year of helpdesk or desktop support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or relevant experience required.
- Must be passionate about technology, comfortable and proficient with computers and an active learner who is eager to absorb new concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and a solid understanding of computer hardware and networking.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment a must.
- Work efficiently under pressure, often with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility with overtime and/or temporary schedule changes a must.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to [email protected].View Less