Herrick, Feinstein’s New York office is seeking a junior-level insurance coverage associate, with at least 2-3 years’ legal experience in insurance coverage litigation/arbitration. This is an excellent opportunity for growth in a collegial atmosphere that provides hands-on experience, mentorship, and opportunities for client development.
Applicants must be admitted in New York State; admission in New Jersey is a strong plus. Applicants must have a desire to work on lean teams; gain hands-on experience with client contact; and strategize on all aspects of a matter.
- Drafting coverage opinions, reservations of rights, and disclaimers.
- Drafting pleadings, discovery requests, motions, and other legal documents in declaratory judgment actions and other insurance coverage-related lawsuits.
- Analyzing insurance policies to determine coverage and liability issues.
- Providing coverage recommendations to clients based on policy analysis.
- Conducting and defending depositions in insurance coverage litigation/arbitration.
- Experience handling insurance coverage disputes involving the following lines of insurance: commercial general liability; commercial property; directors and officers liability; professional liability; employment practices liability; commercial crime; fiduciary liability; builders risk; pollution liability; and excess liability.
- Experience handling the following types of insurance coverage disputes: bad faith; priority of coverage; allocation/trigger; construction defect; product liability; number of occurrences; pollution exclusion; and disputes between insurers.
The range of base salary* the Firm reasonably expects to pay for this role is $145,000 to $175,000. The actual base salary for this role within the above range will depend upon number of years out of law-school, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law. If interested, please send a resume and transcript to [email protected]
*This range does not include other forms of compensation or benefits that may be offered in connection with the job.
Herrick, Feinstein is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, military/veteran status, disability, pre-disposing genetic characteristics, familial status, marital status, criminal history, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other applicable characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law or regulation.