Bridge-the-Gap II: Ethics and Skills for Newly Admitted New York Attorneys 2022
1177 Avenue of the Americas
Entrance on 45th Street
New York, NY
Herrick general counsel and partner Leah Kelman will serve as a faculty for the CLE course, "Bridge-the-Gap II: Ethics and Skills for Newly Admitted New York Attorneys 2022," from the Practising Law Institute (PLI).
She will speak on a panel about the ethical implications of social media use for lawyers, which will discuss:
- Risks of social media with respect to lawyers’ professional obligations to clients
- Employee social media policy and compliance invoking attorney conflicts of interests issues
- Managing user-generated content including the fiduciary obligations of lawyers
- Evidence for social media with respect to lawyers’ professional relations to courts
- Disciplinary Procedures for attorneys and recent state bar association ethics opinions
- Social Media in the Courtroom
- Juror misconduct and implication of lawyers’ disciplinary rules
- Judges, social media, and the norms relating to judicial civility
This program will be held on both August 15, 2022 and October 31, 2022. Learn more and register for the event here.