Christina Ying focuses her practice on real estate sales, acquisitions, developments and joint ventures involving office and retail properties, hotels, resorts, condominiums and mixed-use projects across the U.S., and complex real estate finance transactions, including interim, permanent, construction, mortgage and mezzanine financings.
Her clients, which include sophisticated lenders, owners, developers and investors, appreciate her pragmatic, yet creative advice, and her tenacity in pursuing their business goals. A former commercial litigator focused on real estate foreclosures, Christina also has significant experience structuring loan workouts for borrowers and lenders, and protecting her clients’ strategic interests during workout negotiations.
Additionally, Christina is a member of Commercial Observer's Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Board. The board provides feedback on Commercial Observer's coverage, events and adds insight on how best to shape future coverage relating to D&I.
In 2021, Christina was featured in a New York Real Estate Journal Women in Commercial Real Estate Spotlight which recognizes prominent women working in the New York real estate industry.
Major Players and First-Timers
Christina frequently advises institutional lenders, funds and developers on complex transactions, including a record-setting $502 million loan for the construction of a 67-story condominium in Long Island City, and a $305 million loan for the construction of 25 Park Row in lower Manhattan. First-time investors and developers, including international investors, also call on Christina to guide them through the intricate process of investing and building in New York City. Recently she advised a Beijing-based developer in the acquisition and financing of a Manhattan condominium project site; and a major Chinese developer in the $66 million acquisition of a development site in Flushing, Queens.
Memberships & Associations
- Asian Real Estate Association of America (AREAA), Board of Directors
- Asian Real Estate Professionals Association (AREPA), Board of Directors
- New York County Lawyers Association, Asian Practice Committee
- Commercial Observer Diversity & Inclusion, Advisory Board
- Columbia College Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Columbia College Fund Development Council
- Asian American Bar Association, Former Co-Chair, Asian Practice Committee
- Herrick’s Diversity Committee and Diversity Partners’ Program