Barbaros Karaahmet is the Chief Operating Partner of Herrick and a member of the Firm's Executive Committee. Barbaros started his legal career at Herrick in 1995.
Barbaros utilizes his wide-ranging international experience and contacts to assist Herrick's multinational clients with domestic and cross-border corporate, financial, real estate and litigation matters.
Barbaros works closely with Herrick's Real Estate Department, one of the largest in the New York City area. He also assists family businesses in identifying, acquiring, leasing and financing their U.S. real estate assets. Barbaros also has experience on a wide range of international trade matters including multinational agreements, international codes, conventions affecting commercial transactions, and the recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments.
Barbaros assists international companies in establishing their U.S. operations, and frequently serves as their U.S. based general counsel. In that capacity, he often advises multinational companies in mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures in international markets. His experience includes cross-border transactions for multinational clients in a wide range of sectors including banking, real estate, finance, luxury goods, fashion, healthcare, food and beverage, hospitality, media and e-commerce.
Barbaros frequently lectures and writes on international trade and cross-border business and real estate issues. Barbaros graduated from Harvard University's executive education program on advanced real estate finance and management.
Memberships & Associations
- Advisory Board Member, U.S. Chamber of Commerce's U.S.-Turkey Business Council
- Board of Directors, World Link for Law
- Board Member, American Turkish Society
- Member, Governance & Nomination Committee
- Board Member, American Foreign Law Association
- New York State Bar Association
- NYU Law Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Member, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- The Rotary Club of New York
- Past President