- Going Private Transaction – Represented buyer group in a “going private” transaction (valued at approximately $437 million) for Perry Ellis, Inc., providing domestic and international tax planning on all aspects of the transaction.
- Private Equity Investment – Represented founder group of Torchy’s Tacos in connection with minority equity investment by General Atlantic in the restaurant chain.
- Cross-Border Business Combination – Represented I.D. Systems, Inc. in connection with its tax-free combination with Pointer Telocation Ltd, an Israel company, in a transaction valued at approximately $140 million.
- Complex Like-Kind Exchange – Represented owner group in connection with the sale of a long-held property (valued well in excess of $440 million) to a publicly-traded REIT, using a structure allowing each owner group member to elect to receive sales proceeds in cash and/or REIT securities, re-invest sales proceeds in a like-kind exchange under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code, and/or maintain a continuing interest in the property through joint venture to develop the property with the REIT.
- Development of Luxury Condo Project – Represented developer in connection with a joint venture for the ground-up development of a high-rise condominium project in NYC’s Financial District, with equity partners based in China and Italy.
- New Markets Tax Credits – Represented private college in connection with acquisition of satellite campus, financed with innovative use of new markets tax credits (NMTCs).
- Historic Tax Credits – Represented developer in connection with repositioning of historic theater, financed with a combination of new markets and historic (rehabilitation) tax credits.
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credits – Represented not-for-profit developer in connection with development of various properties, financed with low-income housing tax credits (LIHTCs).