Strategic solutions, risk reduction and minimizing tax controversy are integral parts of our team’s value-added approach.
Our Tax Department lawyers provide pragmatic advice for a broad range of sophisticated tax issues in art, corporate, financial and real estate transactions. Strategic solutions, risk reduction and minimizing tax controversy are integral parts of our team’s value-added approach. Our broad range of experience allows us to anticipate issues arising on either side of a transaction and deliver efficient tax solutions that successfully meet our client’s goals.
We counsel national and international clients, from major real estate developers to world-renowned sports teams. We regularly advise high-net-worth individuals, multigenerational families, family offices, banks and trust companies on wealth planning and tax matters.
Areas of Focus:
- Individual, partnership and corporate income tax planning
- Tax planning for business acquisitions and breakups
- Joint ventures
- Real estate transfer tax planning
- Tax planning for project financing including real estate and investment syndications, venture capital and other investment vehicles
- Tax planning for employee compensation programs, including stock option plans, cafeteria plans, phantom stock plans and nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Real estate incentive programs
- Low-income housing and qualified rehabilitation tax credits
- Tax controversy including federal, state and local income tax; audits and litigation
- Structuring loan workouts to minimize adverse income tax consequences for both lenders and borrowers
- Bankruptcy tax planning
- State and local tax planning