Our entrepreneurial interests and activities inform our tax work, giving you the advantage of tax advice from lawyers who have done it for their own businesses.
We help you put the tax laws to work for you in sophisticated corporate, real estate and financial transactions, whether simply to maximize benefit (or minimize burden), or to structure transactions that are tax-driven from the start. We'll help you find the right solution to meet your business objectives.
Areas of Focus:
- Individual, partnership and corporate income tax planning
- Tax planning for business acquisitions and breakups
- Real estate incentive programs
- Real estate transfer tax planning
- Tax planning for project financing including real estate and investment syndications, venture capital and other investment vehicles
- Tax planning for employee compensation programs, including stock option plans, cafeteria plans, phantom stock plans and nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Estate and Gift tax planning
- Low-income housing and qualified rehabilitation tax credits
- Tax controversy including federal, state and local income tax; estate, gift and transfer tax and gains tax audit and litigation
- Structuring loan workouts to minimize adverse income tax consequences for both lenders and borrowers
- Bankruptcy tax planning
- State and local tax planning