Scott Mollen is a highly experienced commercial litigator, regarded as a powerful asset by clients facing high stakes legal challenges.
Scott regularly advises prominent corporations, financial institutions, business executives and sophisticated commercial real estate interests in litigation, mediation, arbitration and negotiations. He is experienced in a range of business issues including breaches of contract, fiduciary duties, fraud and partnership disputes; real estate development, financing, purchases and sales, leasing, zoning, appraisals and government relations. Scott has also been a court-appointed receiver for properties in and outside of New York City.
Trial and Appellate Practice
Scott is a sought-after trial and appellate lawyer, who has successfully advised clients in numerous federal and state litigations, including successful appeals to the New York State Appellate Division’s First and Second Departments, the New York State Court of Appeals and other courts.
Scott’s practice also involves government relations work for corporate clients doing business with the government; representing clients in government investigations and disputes; and representing government agencies, public officials and their families in a wide range of matters.
New York Law Journal: Realty Law Digest
For nearly three decades, Scott has authored Realty Law Digest, a weekly column in the New York Law Journal that analyzes real estate case law. Over this span, Scott has authored more than a thousand articles on issues such as development, construction, finance, joint ventures, brokerage, zoning, foreclosure, condemnation, environmental issues and landlord/tenant law.
Memberships & Associations
- Board of Editors, New York Law Journal
- Member, Alternative Dispute Resolution Mediation panels:
- United States District Court, Eastern District, New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District, New York
- New York City Bar Association
- Judicial Screening Committee
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Commercial Litigation Committee
- New York State Supreme Court, New York County
- Advisory Council, Commercial Division
- Former Vice-Chairperson, Anti-Defamation League, New York Regional Board
- Real Estate Board of New York