If You Build It, They Will Come
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Sports and entertainment events are a large part of our culture and the buildings that house those events, a large part of our landscape. EASL's Membership Committee gathered a number of legal professionals to discuss the "ins and outs" of building and operating a sports and entertainment venue, including issues faced by the venue operator, the sponsor and the concessionaire as well as those relating to land use, construction, risk management and financing.
Panel 1- "Building It"
- Jeffrey Gewirtz, Executive Vice President of Business Affairs, Chief Legal Officer, Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center
- Peter White, Partner and Co-Chair, Global Sports, Media and Entertainment Group, DLA Piper
- Jarett L. Warner, Counsel, Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale, LLP
- Peter S. Britell, Partner, Venable LLP
- Mitchell Korbey, Partner, Chair, Land Use & Environmental Group, Herrick Feinstein LLP
- Steve P. Younger, Partner, Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
Panel 2 - "When They Come"
- Mark Stefanacci, Vice President, General Counsel, MetLife Stadium
- John Ruzich, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Legends
- Rachel Berger, VP, Business & Legal Affairs, Constituency Management Group
- Carla Varriale, Partner, Havkins Rosenfeld Ritzert & Varriale, LLP
- Jon Oram, Partner of Proskauer Rose LLP
- Lesley Rosenthal, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York
This program qualified for 4.0 MCLE Credit in Professional Practice; this program qualifies for newly admitted attorneys,