Trusts & Estates Paralegal
A New York-based law firm seeks for its Midtown office a Trusts & Estates Paralegal with estate administration experience and a strong understanding of NY probate. NJ probate experience a plus. Familiarity with HotDocs is strongly preferred.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of probate papers and all aspects of estate administration;
- Preparation of documents relating to trusts and estates, such as: court petitions and related court documents, receipts and releases, resignations, appointment and acceptance of executors or trustees;
- Administration of large database which includes original estate planning documents: Wills, Trusts, Advance Care Directives, Notes, Agreements, Letters, etc. including maintenance of vaults containing hard copies of those documents;
- Drafting of simple estate planning documents such power of attorney, health care proxies and living wills;
- Organizing and indexing estate planning documents;
- Marshaling of all estate assets;
- All aspects of trust administration, including preparation of documents for funding of trusts;
- Preparation, assembly and organization of federal, NY and NJ estate tax returns plus exhibits and NJ inheritance tax returns;
- Assisting with retrieval of documents for tax audits;
- Filing of formation documents for entities such as limited liability companies and limited partnerships and filing applications to do business in foreign jurisdictions;
- Obtaining tax ID numbers;
- Acting as liaison to the litigation department relating to claims upon an estate or trust; and
- Daily interaction with partners, associates and/or clients, as well as with fiduciary accountants, brokers and financial advisors.
Candidate should possess superior organizational and communication skills, solution-oriented mindset and strong attention to detail and be able to multitask and work independently.
Office hours are 9:30-5:30 and flexibility to work overtime as needed is required.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package offered.
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to Mary Kathryn Willkens, Paralegal Manager, at [email protected].