FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Litigation Partner & Director of Administration
HOURS: 9:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M., with flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
Herrick, Feinstein LLP, a mid-sized NYC based law firm, is seeking to hire an experienced litigation paralegal to join the team. The ideal candidate is someone who can hit the ground running in a fast-paced litigation department. Candidate must be highly detail-oriented and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cite-check legal documents to conform citations and authorities to the Blue Book standard, Shepardize authorities, verify the accuracy of quoted material and cited exhibits.
- Engage with attorneys, paralegals, vendors and clients to assist in document and electronic identification, collection, processing, review, production, presentation and case-close procedures.
- Responsible for the execution of litigation support projects through e-discovery project management and ensuring the quality and timeliness of each project.
- Perform data management services (loading data to the network, burning CDs/DVDs, assisting with FTP transfers, conducting Relativity inquiries and participating in developing reports for legal teams).
- Advise on and perform quality control on the workflow for document review by attorneys.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 5 years of litigation paralegal experience required.
- Must possess high level of proficiency with litigation databases, including Relativity, and deposition transcript management databases.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with document management systems, file transfer platforms, mobile devices and basic information governance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills necessary to effectively liaise between attorneys, clients and various support departments.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently; self-starter.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and accomplish tasks, often with strict time limitations.
- Flexibility to work overtime, including weekends, on an as-needed basis. This position frequently requires more than 35 hours per week to perform essential duties.
Herrick offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, 401k, parental leave, and paid time off. Please send your resume and cover letter to Christine Ahn at [email protected].