Copyrightability of Computer Software and Artificial Intelligence Output
In this practical webinar, you will explore the history and application of copyright protection for computer software and computer outputs, including a discussion of relevant US Copyright Act statutory provisions and key court decisions spanning more than 35 years.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Provide an overview of source and object code and software structure as relevant to copyright protection.
- Discuss the Copyright Act statutory and regulatory provisions relevant to computer software and output.
- Explain how relevant caselaw has adapted to evolving computer technology.
- Identify the key issues involved in cases concerning software and computer outputs.
- Review current emerging issues impacting software, including artificial intelligence, machine-learning output, and software APIs.