Herrick, Feinstein Names New Partners
Herrick, Feinstein LLP announced today that the firm has promoted five attorneys to partner, effective January 1, 2015. All of the newly named partners are based in Herrick's New York City office.
Herrick's 75-attorney Litigation Department, recently named a powerhouse in commercial litigation by BTI Consulting, adds two new partners:
- Jonathan L. Adler focuses his practice on complex commercial disputes, regulatory enforcement proceedings and employment-related litigation. He frequently advises and represents individual and corporate clients in the financial services and real estate industries on a broad range of employment matters, and in litigation, arbitrations, government investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Michael Berengarten concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation and real estate litigation, including contract disputes and commercial torts, disputes that arise under the Uniform Commercial Code, and business divorces and other actions involving joint ventures, partnership members and limited liability companies. He frequently advises and represents real estate management companies, property owners, and national retailers in controversies involving acquisitions, development projects and operations.
Herrick's 50-attorney Real Estate Department, recognized by Chambers USA as one of the top real estate law practices based in New York City, adds two new partners:
- Efram Friedman concentrates his practice in commercial real estate law, focusing primarily on representing owners and developers in acquisitions, sales, developments, financings and joint ventures. Recently, he represented a prominent real estate fund in the acquisition of a 12-building multi-family portfolio in Manhattan, and in the $100 million acquisition financing of a 30-building multi-family portfolio in Manhattan.
- Christina Ying advises lenders, owners and developers in real estate financings, acquisitions, sales, developments, joint ventures and workouts involving office, retail, hotel, condominium and mixed-use developments across the U.S. Recently, she represented the purchaser in the $68 million acquisition and financing of The Chocolate Factory, a 123-unit mixed-use building in Brooklyn, New York, and the borrower in a global life insurance company's $60 million refinancing of a major Manhattan hotel.
Herrick's Insurance & Reinsurance group adds one partner:
- Alan R. Lyons is national coverage counsel for insurers and insureds, handling complex coverage litigation involving a variety of lines of insurance, including commercial general liability, directors' and officers' liability, and first-party property insurance. In 2014, he led the Herrick team that won a unanimous New York State Appellate Division, First Department insurance coverage ruling in favor of Metropolitan Commercial Bank and its CashZone subsidiary. In that case, Alan successfully argued that the "in transit" clause of the bank's commercial crime insurance policy also covered theft by an armored car company's executives while the money was in their vault.
"We are proud to announce these promotions across three of our key practice areas," said Irwin A. Kishner, chairman of Herrick's Executive Committee. "Jonathan, Michael, Efram, Christina and Alan are exceptional lawyers who have distinguished themselves in their respective areas of practice, and embody our creative and collaborative approach to solving our client's legal challenges."
About Herrick, Feinstein LLP:
Founded in 1928, Herrick, Feinstein LLP is a prominent law firm headquartered in New York City providing a full range of legal services, including real estate, art law, bankruptcy and business reorganization, commercial litigation, corporate law, employment law, government relations, insurance, intellectual property, sports law, and tax and personal planning.