Dena Cohen focuses her practice on commercial leasing transactions, ground leases, and real estate sales and acquisitions.
Dena has represented a wide range of prominent landlords and tenants in retail and office leases across the U.S. Her tenant clients have included large financial institutions, well-known restaurants, art galleries, international retailers, television networks and fashion brands in prime Manhattan locations. Dena's diverse experience representing landlords and tenants helps her efficiently negotiate transactions and find creative solutions to thorny issues that can arise during lease negotiations. Dena also represents parties in the acquisition and sale of real estate development rights, as well as outdoor advertising, billboard and signage leasing.
For the past six years, Dena has been recognized by Thomson Reuters' Super Lawyers, which identifies lawyers who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Dena has recently represented:
- a major real estate owner in various retail leases including high-end medical offices and food and beverage establishments
- a hotel developer in a long-term ground lease in Midtown Manhattan its first New York transaction
- a real estate investment firm in the net lease of the former H&H Bagels headquarters
- a national financial institution in the divestment of 500,000 square feet of Class A office space
- a global financial institution in its $87 million acquisition of a SoHo loft building
- a real estate fund in its $100 million acquisition of a hotel in Union Square
- the purchasers of multiple properties in complex 1031 exchange transactions
- numerous corporate clients in leasing transactions, including several investment banking firms and public television network WNET in its headquarters lease
- a prominent developer in 99 year ground lease of property in Red Hook, Brooklyn
- the owner of property in lower Manhattan in development ground lease