Dena Cohen focuses her practice on commercial leasing transactions, ground leases, and real estate sales and acquisitions.
Dena has represented prominent landlord and tenant clients in numerous big-box retail leases across the U.S. Her frequent representation of both owners and tenants gives Dena the ability to deal efficiently with both parties, and find creative solutions to thorny issues. Dena has also represented parties in transactions involving the acquisition and sale of development rights, as well as billboard and signage leasing.
Dena has been recognized by Thomson Reuters' Real Estate Super Lawyers, which identifies lawyers who have achieved a high degree of excellence and professional achievement from 2013 to 2015.
Dena has recently represented:
- a real estate owner in various retail leases including high-end medical offices and food and beverage establishments
- a hotel developer in a long term ground lease in Midtown Manhattan its first New York transaction
- a real estate investment firm in the net lease of the former H&H Bagels headquarters
- a national financial institution in the divestment of 500,000 square feet of Class A office space
- a global financial institution in its $87 million acquisition of a SoHo loft building
- a real estate fund in its $100 million acquisition of a hotel in Union Square
- the purchasers of multiple properties in complex 1031 exchange transactions
- numerous corporate clients in leasing transactions, including several investment banking firms and public television network WNET in its headquarters lease.