Herrick’s Art Law Group has formed its own firm although its attorneys will continue to be associated with Herrick. The new firm is Kaye Spiegler PLLC and more information can be found at the website www.kayespiegler.com. Yael can also be reached at (212) 498-6924 or [email protected].
Yael advises clients in a wide range of domestic and cross-border art and cultural property matters. Yael has represented claimants seeking restitution of art misappropriated during the Holocaust, and claimants seeking the recovery of looted or stolen cultural patrimony. She has represented collectors and galleries in various art transactions.
Before joining Herrick, Yael received her J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where she served as an Articles Editor for the Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender. While in law school, Yael interned with the Honorable Faith S. Hochberg of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Yael received her undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from Binghamton University, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Yael is fluent in Hebrew.
Memberships & Associations
- Art Law Committee, New York City Bar Association (2018-2021)
- Center for Art Law, Advisory Board Member
- Programs Committee, New York Chapter
- Circle Member
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Art, Cultural Institutions and Heritage Law Committee Member
- Women Lawyers' Committee Member
- Appraisers Association of America, Art Law Day Committee