Kristina Wesch is a partner in Herrick’s Restructuring & Finance Litigation Group and leads Herrick's Health Care Transactions practice.
Kristina represents clients in a wide range of bankruptcy and out-of-court restructuring and reorganization matters, with an industry focus on health care law. Her clients have included stalking horse bidders and other acquirors of distressed assets, both inside and outside of bankruptcy, as well as sellers, lenders, debtors, and official and ad hoc creditors’ committees. She has deep and varied experience representing health care organizations (both for and not-for-profit) in distressed situations and bankruptcy cases involving hospitals, long term care providers, and other related businesses. Kristina’s transactional experience includes not-for-profit matters, such as mergers and affiliations, applications for Attorney General approval, and advising not-for-profit boards of directors and officers on fiduciary duties and best practices.
Prior to joining Herrick, Kristina’s representations included:
- Representation of a not-for-profit senior residential provider network in connection with a potential distressed asset sale and preparation for a chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.
- Representation of a not-for-profit owner/operator in a request for proposals process for, and subsequent sale of, its skilled nursing facility.
- Representation of a stand-alone tertiary care hospital in its affiliation and subsequent full asset merger with a hospital system.
- Representation of a successful not-for-profit bidder in its bid for and acquisition of a continuing care retirement community through a sale pursuant to Bankruptcy Code Section 363.
- Representation of a successful bidder in its bid for and acquisition of a stand-alone tertiary care hospital, foundation and related entities through a sale pursuant to Bankruptcy Code Section 363.
Memberships & Associations
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- New York State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Health Lawyers Association