Karol S. Robinson is a partner in Herrick's Real Estate Department where she practices cooperative, condominium, and real estate law with a focus on affordable housing, non-profit organizations and general transactional work. She has also been involved extensively in secured and unsecured financing transactions from both lender’s and borrower’s perspective.
Karol has become known for her integrity and hands-on, direct working relationships with directors and agents for her cooperative and condominium housing and not-for-profit clients, advising on day-to-day operational and corporate governance matters. In addition, her experience includes dealing with and advising clients on compliance with various federal, state and city governmental housing agency regulations. She also regularly attends and advises clients at board of director and shareholder meetings, drafts corporate governance documents, negotiates and drafts commercial leases, construction contracts, vendor agreements, and advises on real estate financing transactions.
Karol is a longtime volunteer with the Vassar College Alumni Program. She has also volunteered with various New York groups including New York Cares, Fresh Air Fund, Association of Black Women Attorneys and the Lawyers Alliance for New York, a provider of pro bono business and transactional legal services for non-profit organizations. In 2020, the Lawyers Alliance for New York honored Karol with its Cornerstone Award for outstanding service to nonprofits that improve the quality of life for low-income New Yorkers. Karol was recognized sharing her transactional and counseling skills with Lawyers Alliance clients since 2003 on governance, fiscal sponsorship, and lease review projects.
Prior to joining Herrick, Karol practiced law at Anderson Kill P.C.
Memberships & Associations
- American Bar Association, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Economic Development; Governing Committee Member
- New York City Bar Association, Housing and Urban Development Committee; Co-Chair
- New Yorkers for Parks; Board of Directors
- League of Women Voters of the City of New York (LWVNYC); Board Member
- Association of Black Women Attorneys
- New York State Association for Affordable Housing (NYSAFAH)
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Lawyers Alliance for New York
- New York Cares
- Fresh Air Fund