STEP New York Afternoon Panel Discussion
2 Park Avenue
New York City
Herrick hosted STEP New York for a panel discussion titled, "Planning for Closely Held Businesses Part II - How to Build a Hundred Year Family Enterprise."
- Anticipating change & developing capability in the next generation
- Engaging the entire family – structures for collective decision making
- Building positive links between family shareholders and the business
- Preserving the family business – united we stand or divided we stand?
- Individual vs. collective ownership – when to employ and why
- Equality between family members: what is equality? – when to depart from the "per stirpes" or "per branch" principle
- Dennis Jaffe, Ph.D. - San Francisco-based advisor
- Linda Mack, Founder and President of Mack International, a boutique firm that specializes in providing retained executive search and strategic human capital consulting services to single and multi-client family offices
- John Riches, Partner at RMW Law
- Dr. Johannes Burger, senior Partner at Marxer & Partner in Liechtenstein