Previously Published News and Press
- Jennifer Polovetsky and Philip Sanchez Eminent Domain Partners Named To 2020 Super Lawyers List For NY Metro Area For 6th Consecutive Year
Eminent domain lawyers, Jennifer Polovetsky and Philip Sanchez, have been named to 2020 Super Lawyers list for the New York Metro area for the sixth year in a row. No more than 5% of the lawyers in the state are selected to receive this honor by the research team at Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business.
- Medium: Female Trailblazers in Honor of National Women's Small Business Month
Jennifer Polovetsky recognized by Medium in story for her entrepreneurship. Discussion on how the firm came to be and accomplishments since the firm's founding.
- Jennifer Polovetsky Named To 2020 List Of Top Women Eminent Domain Attorneys in NY Metro Area by Super Lawyers Magazine
Super Lawyers Magazine 2020 Edition has named Jennifer Polovetsky, Esq., to the Top Women Attorneys for Eminent Domain in the New York Metro Area. Jennifer is one of only two female lawyers named in the Magazine's Eminent Domain practice area.
- Fox5-TV: Eminent Domain For A New (Penn Station) Terminal
Philip Sanchez spoke to reporters about Governor Cuomo's Penn Station expansion announcement. Sanchez reminds all tenants and commercial owners on the block that they can and should seek additional compensation for the sacrifice of their buildings, shops, and bars beyond what the state offers them. What is the estimated compensation? Sanchez estimates, “Hundreds of millions of dollars, easily, into the billions – no question about it.”
- For Five Consecutive Years Sanchez & Polovetsky "Dynamic Eminent Domain Duo" Named To 2019 Super Lawyers List For New York Metro Area
For the fifth year in a row (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019) leading eminent domain lawyers, Jennifer Polovetsky and Philip Sanchez have been selected to the 2019 Super Lawyers list.
- The Top Women Attorneys in Metro NY...
Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a research-driven, peer influenced rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The mission of Super Lawyers is to bring visibility to those attorneys who exhibit excellence in practice.
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Triples Eminent Domain Award for East Harlem...
Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky filed a claim on behalf of its client, East Side Auto, Inc., in November of 2017. After months of intense negotiations and pre-trial court conferences, the firm was able to obtain a favorable settlement on behalf of the East Harlem Auto Repair Shop on July 10, 2018, less than a year after filing an eminent domain claim for additional compensation in Court.
- NYC Prepared to Use Eminent Domain to Buy Buildings for the Homeless
Jennifer Polovetsky quoted in the New York Post on a story about Mayor Bill de Blasio's plans to acquire 25 to 30 privately-owned buildings where the majority of residents are homeless families, even if it has to seize the properties through eminent domain.
- In Arena’s Shadow, Holdouts at Atlantic Yards Site Must Now Leave
Jennifer Polovetsky quoted in The New York Times focused on small businesses facing eminent domain related to the Atlantic Yards Project.
- Embracing an Unexpected Entrepreneurial Venture
Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky share their insights and tips for being successful entrepreneurs and why their profession is so gratifying.
- MTA Settles Flushing LIRR Eminent Domain Case
Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky settled a case with the MTA on behalf of the Ou Jiang City Supermarket, which the transportation agency seized to make upgrades to the Flushing-Main Street LIRR station.
- Never Give up, Keep Pushing Forward
Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky speak about why they decided to dedicate their lives to representing clients in eminent domain cases and how the partners started their own firm.
- Eminent domain: Whose land is it anyway?
Jennifer Polovetsky quoted in article on clients can avoid a negative eminent domain legal experience.
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Obtain $35 Million Award For Queens Manufacturer, Doubling Initial Eminent Domain Award.
New York resident and eminent domain attorney, Jennifer Polovetsky, was interviewed about her firm and the challenges local businesses face in condemnation cases.
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Obtain Six Million Dollar Increase in Gowanus Eminent Domain Case (August 2021)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Eminent Domain Partners Named To 2020 Super Lawyers List For NY Metro Area For 6th Consecutive Year (October 22, 2020)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Obtain Close to 400% Increase in Eminent Domain Award for East Harlem Dollar Store (January 22, 2019)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky “Dynamic Eminent Domain Duo” Named To 2018 Super Lawyers List For New York Metro Area For The 4th Year In A Row (September 26, 2018)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Increase Client's Eminent Domain Award By 1000% In Barclays Center Taking (September 20, 2018)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Triple Eminent Domain Award For East Harlem Auto Repair Shop (July 25, 2018)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Settle Eminent Domain Case For Almost Triple The Amount Of The Initial Offer Made To Its Client By The City Of New York (April 11, 2018)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Double Eminent Domain Award for Building Owner in NYC School Construction Authority Case (October 24, 2017)
- Eminent Domain Power Team Selected For 3rd Time: Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Named To 2017 Super Lawyers List For New York Metro Area (October 16, 2017)
- Philip Sanchez and Jennifer Polovetsky Obtain a 1400% Increase In Condemnation Award For Chinese Immigrant in Kosciusko Bridge Proceedings (May 2, 2017)