- New York State Judiciary - Budget Litigation: Representation of the New York State Judiciary in its 1992 litigation against the Executive and Legislative branches for violation of the separation of powers doctrine in the under-funding of the judicial budget.
- Battle for Control of Empire State Building: Representation of Japanese real estate magnate in the celebrated battle for control of the Empire State Building. The tycoon sued his daughter and her husband, accusing the couple of improperly taking ownership and control of nine historic chateaux in France, four castles in Great Britain and other properties, including the Empire State Building. The case was the subject of a front page exposé in the Wall Street Journal and is chronicled extensively in the book Empire: A Tale of Obsession, Betrayal and a Battle for an American Icon (2001).
- New Jersey - Enforceability of Default Rate Interest: As special counsel on appeal to the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey, obtained reversal of two lower Court rulings that had declared standard lender default rate interest and late charge provisions to be unenforceable.
- Multi-State Litigation: Representation of litigants in five actions in multiple states and related litigation in two foreign countries in connection with a billion dollar claim involving sale of a company.
- Internal Investigation: Representation of a global bank in conducting an internal investigation of its commercial lending procedures to ascertain conformity with legal and institutional requirements.
- Asbestos Product Manufacturer: Representation of asbestos product manufacturer in litigation with its primary insurers as to scope of coverage for its built up roofing products.