Financial Services Security and Compliance: Why Now, Why You?
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Herrick lawyers Richard Morris and Erica Markowitz participated in the Cohere Communications event, Financial Services Security and Compliance: Why Now, Why You?
Can you ignore the latest security and compliance mandates? When it comes to exposure, the financial sector's requirements are almost as stringent as HIPPA's, but this is certain to change. Non-compliance consequences include significant fines, sanctions, civil and criminal penalties, suspension of licenses or business operations, as well as exposure to lawsuit liabilities - but just as important is the loss of client confidence.
With the emergence of cyber criminals, whether sponsored by governments or just thrill seekers, attacks are more complex and more frequent - all resulting in an expanded number of undetected breaches. Can you still guarantee that you network and data are protected? The consequences of a breach includes financial losses, but the negative impact to your brand can be just as devastating.
Cohere Communications presented a panel to discuss protecting your firm's assets with insight into current security best practices including:
- Examples of recent breaches
- Compliance, legislation and liabilities
- Commercial benefits and marketability of securing your business
- Immediate steps you can take to secure your data
- Building an effective security team
- Richard M. Morris, Partner, Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Austin P. Berglas, Senior Managing Director, K2 Intelligence
- Steven Francesco, Chairman & CEO, Cohere Communications
- Erica L. Markowitz, Associate, Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Adam Cottini, Area Sr. VP, Managing Director, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.