Richard Morris works closely with clients’ executive management to solve a range of commercial and regulatory issues, enhance operations and implement acquisition, financing and exit strategies.
Richard has more than 25 years of transactional experience in:
- Corporate finance: including public company offerings, PIPEs, reverse mergers, bank and alternative source financings, venture capital and private equity investments, securities offerings, leveraged recapitalizations, workouts and restructurings
- Corporate real estate: including public and private REITs, real estate funds, mortgage funds, joint ventures, and other vehicles implementing real estate focused strategies
- Institutional investment: including the formation and acquisition of funds, investments in real estate-related assets, and traditional and alternative source financings and investments
- Mergers and acquisitions: including domestic and cross-border strategic alliances
- Funds: including real estate funds, traditional hedge funds, alternative asset funds, private equity and venture capital funds
- Corporate governance: including company management and regulatory matters, such as securities, banking and investment management and adviser regulations
- Executive employment and benefits: including employment and separation agreements
Earlier in his career, Richard was a CPA in the securities industry. He uses his financial and operations experience to solve client issues, and he continues to work closely with accounting firms and industry organizations.
Richard frequently lectures about the fiduciary duties of board members and investment professionals, improving company risk management environments, commercial workout and exit strategies, and other key subjects. He is also a prolific author who is regularly quoted on a variety of investment related topics in publications such as Institutional Investor, Compliance Week, American Banker, Pension & Investments and Law360.