Herrick represents a broad range of creditors and debtors in all aspects of the workout, restructuring, reorganization and bankruptcy arenas.
Ranked in the top tier in the New York City area by U.S. News and World Report, we advise all of the major players in the workout and bankruptcy process – including debtors and creditors, creditors' committees, trustees, receivers, financial institutions, private funds, asset purchasers and claims traders, insurance companies, pension funds, landlords, and equipment lessors and licensors.
Our clients benefit because we understand – and frequently litigate – complex issues from both a debtor and creditor perspective. Our clients also benefit from the depth and breadth of our experience. Herrick's three senior bankruptcy and restructuring lawyers, who are well-respected by the bankruptcy bar and bench, have more than 100 years of collective experience.
Areas of Focus:
- Debtors and distressed borrowers: with particular depth in real estate, retail, construction, hospitality and jewelry.
- Real estate bankruptcies: we have significant experience representing debtors, secured lenders, landlords and investors in bankruptcy cases involving every type of real estate asset.
- Telecommunications: we often represent telecommunications providers in Chapter 11 matters, and have a strong ability to navigate complex legal issues at the intersection of federal bankruptcy and telecommunications law.
- Distressed investing: we actively help clients buy and sell assets in bankruptcy cases, and also assist clients in selling their claims against bankrupt companies.
- Avoidance actions: we regularly represent defendants in preference and fraudulent conveyance claims brought by trustees and liquidating trust.