New York Law Journal: Realty Law DigestNovember 2016
Scott Mollen analyzed the following cases in his weekly Realty Law Digest column in the New York Law Journal (subscription required):
- November 29, 2016: 'Pfeffer v. N.Y. City Depart. of Finance', where class certification granted in ADA suit over rent freeze program's administration by agency; and 'Houdek Real Estate Co. v. Bayport Postal Realty’, where a landowner's adverse possession claim failed, but its prescriptive easement assertion was allowed to proceed.
- November 22, 2016: 'Dolomite Products v. Town of Ballston,' where a challenge to a zoning decision was held not 'ripe' because the final decision on the underlying project was never issued.
- November 15, 2016: 'Old Country Road Realty v. Zisholtz & Zisholtz', where the court rejected a tenant's claim of five percent late fee as usurious, granting the landlord summary judgment; and 'Women in Need, Inc. v. Allen', where the respondent was granted vacatur of judgment in a non-payment proceeding.
- November 8, 2016: 'East Village Re Holdings v. McGowan,' 'City Club v. Park Trust,' and 'NSA 2015 Owner v. Frederick.'
- November 1, 2016: 'Thurston v. Sisca,' 'Morgan Stanley Mtge. Loan Trust v. Morgan Stanley Mtge. Capital Holdings,' and 'Cushman & Wakefield of Connecticut v. Access Private Duty Services.'