Registration and Prosecution Services
Our experienced trademark attorneys provide cost-effective counsel focused on clearing, registering, maintaining and assigning trademarks in the U.S. and abroad. We also assist clients with copyright registration and copyright and patent assignments. We regularly respond to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office actions and U.S. Copyright Office communications, and issue comprehensive trademark use and registration opinions.
We assist clients in conducting IP due diligence, documenting IP transfers, preparing and recording IP security agreements, and issuing enforceability and risk assessment opinions. We also provide incisive counsel in M&A transactions involving IP assets, as well as in joint ventures, strategic alliances and IP asset acquisitions and financings.
Areas of Focus:
- Copyright registration, assignment and counseling
- Trademark clearance, prosecution and portfolio management
- Patent counseling
- Licensing and assignment deals
- IP and technology transfers and joint ventures
- Investing ownership and copyright status of work authorship
- M&A due diligence
- Media, sponsorship and naming rights transactions
- Trade secret audits and agreements
- Publishing agreements
- Sponsored research agreements
- Software and website development and licensing agreements