Herrick and The Art Newspaper Present: Looted Art & Antiquities in the Middle East
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY
Herrick's Art Law Group and The Art Newspaper hosted "Looted Art & Antiquities in the Middle East," the second installment in our 2016 Art Business Forum series of discussions on business issues affecting the art world. The panel of distinguished speakers covered recent issues relating to looted art and antiquities including:
- AAMD's new protocol for safeguarding "conflict antiquities"-- cultural heritage in war torn countries
- A recently passed bill preventing looted Syrian antiquities from entering the U.S.
The discussion was moderated by Julia Halperin, museums editor, The Art Newspaper.
- Brian Daniels, Director of Research and Programs, Penn Cultural Heritage Center
- Katharyn Hanson, Archeologist, Smithsonian Fellow, Smithsonian’s Museum Conservation Institute
- Peter Herdrich, CEO, Cultural Capital Group and co-founder, The Antiquities Coalition
- Lawrence M. Kaye, partner and Art Law Group co-chair, Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Zakir Yılmaz, Expert, Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Turkey