Herrick's construction litigators are tenacious advocates, with an insider's perspective on the construction and development process.
Our clients include a wide range of developers, owners, contractors, design professionals and insurance companies, whom we represent in litigating and arbitrating the full range of claims that can arise during and after construction. Our construction litigators work seamlessly with the lawyers in our real estate department – one of the largest in New York City – and the members of our land use and zoning, and government relations teams. That tight integration helps us understand your dispute in a truly unique way, and lets us devise intelligent strategies for an efficient and favorable resolution of the matter at hand.
Areas of Focus:
- Construction agreement analysis
- Change orders
- Bid disputes
- Defect and delay claims
- Lien filing and priority issues under New York's lien law
- Martin Act and related investigations by New York’s Attorney General
- Condominium board and unit owner complaints
- Zoning and land use
- Government relations
- Alternative dispute resolution and mediation